As some of you may have read in my home cooked meal post, there was a recipe for sausage stir fry. This is another way to make and I think it is a bit tastier ^^.
- 8 beef franks
- red and orange bell pepper (1/4 of each or the top and bottom rounds of each pepper)
- 1 small korean spicy green chili
- 1/2 onion
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp gochujang (Korean spicy red pepper paste)
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp Korean oyster sauce
- First wash and prep the vegetables. I was already using red and orange bell peppers for another dish and had the top and bottom rounds left over for the stir fry which is the amount you need or you can use 1/4 of each and save the rest for another dish.
- If you prefer you can omit the bell pepper altogether and swap in with another vegetable that you would like such as broccoli, potato or even mushrooms.
- Slice 1/2 of an onion in thin slices.
- Peel and slice the cloves thinly.
- Slice the green chili(this can be omitted if you do not like spicy taste).
- Cut each beef frank into 4 pieces.
- For the ends of the frank, make a cross slit on top (when cooked, the shape will come out to look like octopus)
- The middle two pieces make slits
- Once you have prepped all the ingredients, place enough oil into a heated frying pan.
- Add in the garlic cloves and onions first.
- When cooked through add in the rest of the ingrdients (sausage, bell peppers [or choice of veggie you want] and [green chili – if you chose to add them])
- Add in the seasoning (1 tbsp gochujang, 3 tbsp ketchup and 1 tbsp oyster sauce)
- If you prefer it to be less spicy, you can add in 0.5 tbsp of gochujang or omit the gochujang altogether and substitute with another tbsp of oyster sauce.
Hope you enjoy! Please see below for an added perks recipe if you want to make some at home. Very easy korean sweet potatoes
- Roasted sweet potatoes using air fryer (400 degrees F for 30 minutes). Of course wash them before cooking them ^^. You can also use the oven same temperature.
2. Steamed sweet potatoes. Wash them first as well then in a pot fill with water and place the steam rack inside the pot and on medium low heat steam the sweet potatoes. It usually takes about 50 minutes to 1 hour.