So for this past week’s episode of mukbang on our youtune channel, the menu was “ssambap” which literally translates to wrap rice. Usually that goes with it is some type of cooked protein entree and cooked soybean paste called “gangdwenjang”. This post will be on how to make the gangdwenjang.
- 1/3 korean green squash
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 big korean green onion
- 1/2 of tofu bar
- Any type of mushrooms in equal amount to the other vegetables
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp dwenjang (korean fermented soy bean)
- 1 tbsp gochujang (korean spicy red pepper paste)
- 1 tbsp korean red chili powder
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Wash and finely dice all the vegetables (squash, onion and mushrooms). Slice the green onions.
- In a saucepan size pot add in the 1 tbsp of sesame oil and cook the 1 tbsp of minced garlic, sliced green onion and onion.
- Once the color turns yellow add in the vegetables.
- Once the veggies are halfway cooked add in the seasoning (2 tbsp dwenjang, 1 tbsp gochujang and 1 tbsp of red chili powder).
- Add in 80ml of water to let all the sauce mix together.
- Smash the tofu and add it in.
- Let it cook through. If you want a bit more soupy add in rest of 120ml of water or if you like it thick then no need to add more water. Enjoy!
Come watch short cooking clip and my boyfriend and I enjoying the food in our new mukbang episode on our youtube channel ramzimonsta.
Link to video: https://youtu.be/aeMQjh58dw8