Bossam is usually eaten during the winter when Korean families make kimchi. With freshly made kimchi and some baby napa leaves we wrap with braised pork belly a delicious combo!
- 600g whole pork belly (2 whole pieces each 300g)
- 1 onion
- 16 whole black peppercorns (i didnt have so just used my black pepper grinder setting to the coarsest and used about 16 tsp)
- 1 korean big green onion
- 6 bay leaves
- 16 whole garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp korean soy bean paste
- 6 tbsp korean cooking wine
- First put the meat in cold water to take out the blood for 20-30 minutes.
- If not done already cut slits into the meat.
- Peel and cut an onion in half. Quarter the big green onion. Put them into a stock pot with water. Add in the other ingredients except the meat.
- Let it come to a boil then add in the meat with the skin side down.
- There should be enough water to just cover the meat.
- Let it cook under high heat for 20 minutes and then medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Once down take out the meat and slice.
- We also eat the whole garlic cloves that went in to the pot in our wraps.
For the spicy mixed snails noodles recipe please reference to this post : https://sunnysideup3718.com/2021/01/14/korean-snail-noodles/
To see our new mukbang episode on youtube featuring this deliciousness please visit this link: https://youtu.be/HUnU0oCXdwo
Enjoy! For more please subscribe by entering your email address in the prompt at the bottom of the page.