During the winter time, I believe in all cultures world wide, families eat a lot more soup.
For this week, I want to introduce a very simple korean soup recipe which only has vegetables.
- 1 small korean radish
- 1 korean baby napa cabbage
- 1/3 of korean big green onion
- 1 korean spicy green chili pepper
- 2 tbsp of korean soy bean paste
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp korean red chili powder
- 3×3 piece of dashi
- 1 small tea bag full of korean dried shrimp
- First make the broth by boiling 4 cups of water with dashi piece and a tea bag full of korean dried shrimp. When it comes to a boil let it cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- While you are making the broth, prep the vegetables.
- Peel and slice the radish into cubes.
- Rip the cabbage leaves apart and slice them into similar size as the radish cubes.
- Slice the green onion.
- Take out the dashi and tea bag, add in the 2 tsbp of soy bean paste, 1 tbsp of korean red chili powder, 1 tbsp of minced garlic and sliced green chili pepper (can be omitted if you do not like too spicy).
- Add in the vegetables and let it cook altogether until the vegetables have cooked through.