I had a sheet of left over puff pastry. Wondering what to do with them I search online and found that it can be used to make cinnamon rolls easily without having to make the dough from scratch!
It is really easy.
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/6 cup light brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 0.5 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tbsp milk of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners
- In a small bowl mix the brown suagar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface or you can just keep it on top of the parchment paper it comes with. Roll the sheet out if it is not already in a 10-11 inch square.
- Lightly brush the sheet with the melted butter leaving a 1inch border all around.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the buttered sheet leaving the same 1inch border all around.
- Roll carefully.
- Cut off 1/2 inch off of each side of the roll.
- Cut into 8 pieces. Place each piece in the cupcake liner.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Let it cool. While cooling make the glaze it should be somewhat thick but still easily pourable. If the glaze is too think add a little bit more milk. If the glaze is too thin, add a little bit more powdered sugar.
- Once the rolls are cooled, you can pour the glaze and enjoy!
If you do not eat all of them the same day, you can place them in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat you can simply use the microwave for each roll, I would say for me it was about 15 seconds.
You can also store the baked rolls in the freezer for up to 1 month in a freezer safe container (Do not add the glaze yet if you would like to store in freezer). You would have to freeze the cinnamon rolls on the sheet first, then place the frozen rolls into the freezer safe container. You can directly reheat these on a baking sheet in a 375F degree oven until warmed through, or I would just let them defrost overnight in the fridge and then reheat them in the microwave.