Very simple but delicious and rich recipe.
- 4 1/4 cups beef broth
- 16 oz whole wheat rotini pasta (1 whole box)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pour the beef broth in a small pan and let it simmer.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a large pan melt the butter and olive oil together over low heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add in the pasta.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the broth and let the pasta absorb the broth, continue stirring. Once absorbed, add in another 1/2 cup. (Like making a risotto)
- Keep on repeating step 6 until all the broth is used and the pasta is cooked al dente.
- Remove from heat and season with black pepper.
- Add in the parmesan cheese.