Beef with broccoli is such a simple recipe but when paired with just simple white rice or fried rice, it is delicious! Easy for a weeknight meal or for lunch meal prep.
- 1lb – 1.5 lb of flank steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1lb broccoli ( 2 heads of broccoli)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp korean oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch (or flour)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- If you are eating it on the same day, start cooking the white rice first so that it is done by the time the stir fry is ready to eat.
- Combine 1 tsp ginger powder, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 cup water, 5 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp korean oyster sauce, 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar, 1.5 tbsp corn starch (or flour), 1/4 tsp black pepper and 2tbsp sesame oil in a bowl, stir well to dissolve the sugar and set aside.
- Cut the flank steak into thin bite-sized strips.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the broccoli florets and saute partially covering with a lid to let it steam and cook all the way through. Should take about 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil, add beef in a single layer sauteeing until cooked through and browned all sides.
- Add the sauce, reduce heat to low-medium heat and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes. It will thicken.
- Serve over white rice or fried rice of choice.