Very simple but a refreshing spicy side to a heavy korean main meal or with fried rice.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 idaho potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 korean long green spicy pepper
- 4 tbsp korean red chili powder (gochugaru)
- 3 tbsp korean fish sauce
- 4 tbsp korean soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- For the broth
- (1) 3×2 dashi piece
- 1 tea bag full of korean dried mini shrimp
- First make the broth by adding the dashi piece and dried shrimp to 6 cups of water.
- Once it comes to a boil let it cook for about 15 minutes or until you start smelling the broth.
- In the meantime, prep the vegetables. Slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick strips equal size when slicing the onion. Slice the green chili pepper. (If you want it to be less spicy you can opt out for the pepper)
- Take the dashi and tea bag out.
- Add in the ingredients.
- Add in the seasoning.
- Let all the flavors come together and the ingredients to cook through. It should take about 20-30mins.