For this year and moving forward that doing one flavor cookies and giving 3 per person is better. So I chose to do chocolate espresso cookies. These are really easy to make.
Ingredients for 300:
- 15 sticks (120tbsp) butter (melted and cooled)
- 5 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 cups light brown sugar
- 20 tbsp unsulphered molasses
- 10 eggs
- 10 tsp espresso powder
- 15 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar perails for rolling
- In a large bowl, stir the cocoa and molasses into the warm butter. In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add 1 c. sugar, egg, vanilla extract and Via (or espresso powder) to the butter mixture. Stir dry ingredients into the wet. Cover and chill dough for as little as an hour or up to 3 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll a generous tablespoon of dough into balls (a #50 cookie scoop is great for this), and roll them in the remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are puffed, centers are set and they are beginning to form cracks. Do not overbake. Leave on sheets until they are cool enough to transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.